You are here
Students, teacher rushed to hospital after inhaling fumes
Dec 27,2012 - Last updated at Dec 27,2012
AMMAN — Nineteen high school students and a teacher were discharged from a hospital in Balqa Governorate on Thursday, hours after inhaling toxic fumes, official sources told The Jordan Times.
Civil Defence Department (CDD) personnel rushed the students, aged between 10 and 12, to Salt Public Hospital after custodial workers at their school mixed cleaning substances that resulted in strong fumes, a CDD official said.
“It seems that the worker mixed the substance next to some classrooms, which caused shortness of breath in some of the students and a teacher,” the CDD official said.
The students were admitted to the emergency unit at the hospital, received the necessary treatment and were then discharged, a source at the hospital told The Jordan Times.
Eight Indian workers were injured on Monday when fire engulfed a paint factory located next to the ring road in Amman, police and Civil Defence Department (CDD) officials said.
One person was hospitalised for smoke inhalation after a fire, which police suspect was an act of arson, destroyed several shops in downtown Amman late Monday night, official sources said.
A 14-year-old girl who was injured during a stampede in her school on Thursday, died on Sunday, an official source said.
Oct 04, 2015
Oct 04, 2015
Aug 29, 2012
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to you each day.