You are here

Three suffer breathing difficulties in chlorine gas leak

By JT - Nov 07,2015 - Last updated at Nov 07,2015

AMMAN — Three people suffered breathing difficulties after inhaling chlorine gas which leaked from a cylinder at Madaba’s Mujib water station, the Civil Defence Department said Friday.

CDD teams administered first aid to the injured and took them to Princess Salma and Karak hospitals, where they were reported to be in fair condition, a CDD statement said.

The leak resulted from a technical malfunction in the switch of the 1,500-litre chlorine cylinder, said the statement, adding that rescue and chemical intervention teams controlled the leak.

up
47 users have voted.

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
1 + 1 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

Newsletter

Get top stories and blog posts emailed to you each day.