You are here

7 students suffer shortness of breath in Mafraq school fire

By Petra - Mar 12,2014 - Last updated at Mar 12,2014

AMMAN — Seven students at the Manshiet Al Sulta Secondary School for Girls suffered shortness of breath when a fire broke out in the principal’s office.

Civil Defence Department (CDD) staff administered first aid to the students and took them to Mafraq Public Hospital, where they were reported to be in fair condition, according to CDD Mafraq Director Brig. Gen. Nayef Nawayseh.

He said the blaze was caused by a gas heater.

up
59 users have voted.

Newsletter

Get top stories and blog posts emailed to you each day.